On May 4, 2017, AFOR organized the workshop "Installing Fiber Optic Cables in Romania", at the fiber optic factory Prysmian, in Slatina.
Date: May 4, 2017
1st Workshop: "Installing Fiber Optic Cables in Romania"
Location: Slatina, Prysmian fiber optic factory
- AFOR and 5 of its members: Prysmian, Teleprecision-MTS, Netcity Telecom, Duraline, R&M;
- 6 telecom operators: RCS&RDS, Telekom Romania, Vodafone, GTS Telecom, Euroweb, Teletrans;
- 2 operators of power distribution networks: ENEL and Electrica Distribution Muntenia North.
There have been many problems encountered in the practice of installing fiber optic cables, such as: wrong handling of cables, misallocation of reserves, wrong grip on the poles etc.
There were listed the important parameters for an installation of fiber optic cables:
- in rooms with fusion splicer: 15+15 m
- aerial without fusion splicer: 40 m
- aerial with fusion splicer: 20 m
- at OPGW: 30-40 m (only at fusion splicers)
The following aspects are important for receiving/checking the installation of fiber optic cables through tubes:
- absence or inability to obtain the authorization ( especially for maintenance works)
- owners agreement in blocks/buildings/homes
- complaints from owner association
- the work of other previous operators that caused problems and the tenats are no longer allowing access to other operators.
The following workshop will be attended by representatives from MDRAP and ASRO.
Specialty working groups will be created to make working papers, guides to good practice, useful for designers, installers,etc. to all participants in theirs activities.
The next two workshops will take place in the same location in Slatina, starting at 10 am: